Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Team Member Profile: Kristy Page


Hometown: Macon, GA
Favorite Verse: Philippians 4:13
Hobbies:
I love to travel. I have a bucket list of things that I hope to do before I go home to be with the Lord and every year I make it a goal to check something off the list.
Favorite Dessert: homemade banana pudding
Family:
I have two wonderful boys, Damon-16 and Ken Jr-6 and a cat named Sacha. God has such a sense of humor. We went to the pound to get a dog and came home with a cat. (We are dog lovers, not cat lovers,ha!)
Spiritual Strengths: being an encourager and the spirit of discernment

I am very excited about this trip. It has been on my heart for over two years and the timing wasn't right. I love people and can't wait to see what the Lord does with me on this trip. I am open to wherever He needs me to serve. I'm especially excited about being in another culture to experience how others worship the Lord. I am completely surrended to what the Lord has for me to do, learn and observe during this trip.

It has been awesome watching God work to open the doors for me to participate on this trip. He has moved mountains in such a short time on financial funding and providing care for my children while I am away. The one fear I have is snakes! I have jumped out of an airplane, swam with dolphins, worked with the scariest criminals, but nothing scares me except snakes. I don't have a fear of dying, there is just something about them. So pray that God delievers me from my fear before we arrive or clears my path every day of snakes!

I am excited for this team God has put together. We are very diverse but yet mesh very well. I can't wait to serve along side by side with them. I'm excited to tell others about what God has done in my life before this trip, on this trip and after this trip. I know this trip will take me to another level of relationship with my Lord and I'm so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Kristy, I haven't seen a snake in Brazil in 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw one the first year we were there, but it was dead. Come to think of it, I've seen 2 dead snakes. Do they count Kristy?

    ReplyDelete