Saturday, February 11, 2012

Team Member Profile: Clara Hodges


Hometown: Center Tuftonboro, NH
Favorite Verse: I'm not sure that I have a favorite verse yet, but I do love this one: In the beginning, God... -Genesis 1:1
Hobbies: singing, dancing, knitting
Favorite Dessert: Ice Cream
Family: I have 6 siblings; I am the youngest. I have 5 sisters: Mehera, Julia, Frances, Anne and Sara; then one brother: Gess. Then there are my parents, BG and Joanie.
Spiritual Strengths: I tend to be good at being friendly and making people feel comfortable. I have some tendencies towards leadership but it's hard to know - I need to have more chances to pinpoint my strengths.

I'm going on this missions trip because God has always nudged me in this direction and I'm finally taking the opportunity. I've always shied away, clinging to my day-to-day life and family/friends; but now, I have this really great chance to do His work and He has been opening doors for me throughout the whole process. I've known the Bests (missionaries in the field with PAZ in Brazil) for a very long time as well as other people from my church who have gone on missions trips. They all share this joy from truly making a difference. I can see how much missionaries help people and share Jesus' love, and I can see how much closer to God missionaries themselves become. It's been a culmination of seeing fulfillment and realizing I am far from it that has finally made ministering and helping other people really click - nothing else gives true satisfaction.

It would probably be good for anyone reading this to know that I have never brought someone to Christ. There are many different reasons for this but my worry now is that I won't know exactly how to do it or that I'll do it wrong. I know this is completely idiotic - if I'm doing it for God then the Holy Spirit will work through me and bless my words - so I am praying for courage. I am trying to become closer to God throughout this whole process and hopefully bring others closer as well, that is my goal.

1 comment: